Monday, March 28, 2011

Half Full or Half Empty

  I am starting to notice a new trend with Military wives. I've posted about this a few weeks ago but have started to notice it more and more in the past few days. I am so disappointed in my fellow Military wives! Are there that many of you out there that are viewing the glass half empty? Perhaps I am just running into a lot of angry wives lately. I don't know.

  Why do we feel like we can bash people because they haven't experienced a deployment or being away from a loved one? How can you say "Well he's only going to be gone for X amount of days/weeks! You can't compair that to a deployment or a Field exercises!" I'm sorry to say this, but YES they are allowed to miss their husbands too. Just because our husbands are in (sometimes) dangerous situations doesn't make their time away from home better or worse than another situation. I feel like this can be said for some Military vs. Military wives too. A deployment on the ground can be just the same as a deployment on a ship. What's the difference, really? 

  I'm sad that you wouldn't offer support to your civilian counterpart. I know that when my husbands is deployed I can count on BOTH my Military wife friends and my Civilian wife friends. There's one thing that remains the same, we are all WIVES. We go through some of the same struggles; communication, conflicting schedules, kids, in-laws and I'm sure other things I'm leaving out. Sure there are differences, I'm not saying that there aren't...BUT I am saying, why sing the "Poor me" anthem? We all have our different struggles in life, but I would hope that you can look past the Military vs. Civilian thing, put your big girl panties on, grab your old friends and enjoy the company of Jack, Jim, Jose, Johnnie, and the Captain (because these are the only acceptable men to hang out with when your husbands are gone) and enjoy your half full drinks with all the wives (military or not).

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...