Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cabernet and KitchenAid

  I confess, I am in love with with baking. My newest undertaking is ice cream. I recently got the ice cream maker attachment for my KitchenAid mixer. I couldn't wait to get it in the freezer and start making some frozen treats! When we lived in Carmel, CA there was a fabulous French restaurant called Le Normandie; a husband/wife run establishment. If you are ever in the area you should stop in, the food is cooked by Francois and the tables are waited by Christine (both from Normandy, FR). Christine often made a blackberry Cabernet sorbet to go with some of the desserts. As we are sadly no longer on the West coast and able to enjoy Le Normandie I decided I'd try to make my own blackberry Cabernet sorbet. I was so happy with the way it turned out! So here it is for you to try!


You'll need:

2 cups blackberries (fresh or frozen)
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
2 tsp lemon juice
1 egg white, whipped

Directions:

Make sure your ice cream maker and/or attachments have been properly frozen.

Whip the egg white until stiff peaks form.

In a blender combine blackberries, water, sugar, wine and lemon juice until smooth.

 Transfer to a bowl and stir in the egg whites; cover and chill for 30 minutes.


Run the mixture in your ice cream maker (check your manual for your models suggested times.) I ran my KitchenAid Ice cream attachment for about 35 minutes.


Transfer your sorbet to a container and place in the freezer to reach your desired consistency and ENJOY!


***I found the recipe at Erika's Sweet Tooth.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...