Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Homecoming

 What a crazy few weeks it has been for us! I have been having some signs of pre-term labor and been on doctors orders to take it easy. For those of you with a toddler and a deployed husband you know how hard it is to "take it easy". About 2 weeks ago my mother-in-law called me with news that she was being admitted into the hospital. Her doctor had found nodules on both lungs and said she needed to be seen immediately. I contacted the Red Cross to get a message to my husband so I could let him know what was going on.

......Well, what a crazy few weeks it has been! I started to write this (the above part) on December 7th, 2011. It had been a long day at the hospital with my Mother-in-Law. My husband was finally tracked down by the Red Cross and was able to call me at 2am. I filled him in on what little we knew at the time. His Command put him on the first flight out they could and he arrived home on December 9th, just 11 days early from his original Homecoming date. Those 11 days in hindsight are priceless! My mother-in-law was in the hospital until just before Christmas and we were going to host Christmas at our house since I was ready to pop and didn't want to drive anywhere 9+ months pregnant. She had several procedures done and it was determined that she has late stage cancer of an unknown origin. They know it started either in her Pancreas or GI Tract but can't pinpoint it. She did her first round of chemotherapy.....

Back to Christmas:

 My husband and I stayed up until about 1:30am Christmas Eve finishing putting together our daughters play kitchen since Santa's Elves didn't send it assembled. I woke up at 6am on Christmas morning...in labor! I poked my husbands shoulder and told him "Hun, I'm having contractions and they're 2 1/2 minutes apart." In typical fashion he told me to give it a little to make sure and call the doctor. I went down stairs and called my OB/GYN to let her know we'd be on our way to the hospital and then called my best friend (who's more like my sister) to watch our daughter, and then called my brother-in-law to let the family know we would NOT be hosting Christmas this year. We were able to get ready to go and open presents with her before we left for the hospital. Our beautiful baby girl was born on Christmas Day at 2:50pm!


  Just a week later my mother-in-law was readmitted to the hospital. She has remained in the ICU since she was readmitted and last Friday it was decided that only her symptoms will be treated and we will just do pain control. Please keep her in your prayers for peace. We are so thankful that my husband was able to get those last few good days with her while she was out of the hospital and that she was able to hold her newest granddaughter before she went into the ICU. I hope you have all had an amazing end to your 2011 and a very happy and healthy 2012 so far! I'll post about what's going on with Baby Battle Rattle products and changes to the store very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...