Friday, February 4, 2011

Chi Town Here I Come!

  Another week closer to our upcoming deployment. I always have mixed feelings around this time. As we get closer I just want it to be here and have him gone, then when the day gets here I wish for more time. This will be our 3rd deployment, so it's not like we haven't done this dance before but it never gets easier.

  I will be flying out to Chicago tomorrow for a meeting with the Battalion and some of the other wives. I don't know how I always end up working with my husbands Battalion, but I do. Oh wait, I get voluntold, I remember now! I'm happy to help so don't get me wrong but if it's anything like this last deployment there will be some unhappy wives/girlfriends/family members. During our last deployment I was pregnant and had 200+ family members to keep up to date and answer their questions. I have higher hopes for this go around though, we're with a new Battalion. Time will tell though!

  I know one thing is for sure, this won't be like our last two deployments. One thing the Marine Corps is good for is keeping you on your toes. It is an ever changing beast that takes no prisoners. How you ask? My husband had just gotten home from the field, we were driving to San Diego from Monterey when we got a call from the Colonel. A few 'Yes Sirs' and 'Will do Sirs' later my husband got off the phone and says, "I'm going to be deploying." WHHHAAA??? Turns out my husband impressed the Colonel and he wants him to deploy with the company that's going out next. I find it ironic and a little funny though. You do a good job at work and you're supposed to get a raise or a silly plaque. In the Marine Corps, you do a good job and you get sent to a war zone. I know the year just started, but I am ready for 2012 to get here soon and have this all behind us. Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...