Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Hits Keep Coming

  Oh let the "fun" begin. When my husband came home for a short four day weekend we figured, "it might be short since you've been gone a month and you're leaving for another 6 weeks, but after that husband will be home." Boy were we WRONG! We found out the morning after he flew in that he would be deploying. After my initial what-the-heck moment we talked schedule and training and all that follows. We decided to enjoy the weekend and worry about it all when he went back to work.

  Back at the Battalion he finds out that the person who told him the original details about the deployment was beyond wrong and the deployment date was so much sooner than what we were originally told. Great. I told the husband that I needed to know what his schedule would be with the new changes. A lovely email was sent to my BlackBerry with his whole schedule mapped out for my type-A self. It's LOADED, even when my husband deployed to Fallujah, Iraq during the height of the battle there he didn't have this much pre-deployment training! I'm trying my best not to jump onto the Debbie Downer convoy but seeing that he will only be home a handful of days (and I'm being generous when I say a handful) it's hard not to.

  After our last move (Camp Lejeune to Camp Pendleton) I swore that I wouldn't drive a Uhaul cross-country, towing a car behind it solo again. Well at least I was right about some of it! I won't be driving a Uhaul (I'll be driving my car) and our daughter will be keeping me company this trip. We will be moving to Quantico, VA shortly before my husband leaves for deployment. With his rockin' schedule however, our daughter and I will be hoofing it across I-10 (or maybe I-40 for a better view!) alone.

  I am looking forward to Homecoming already and can't wait to get this next one behind us! It's amazing how strong you become when you get thrown into these situations. An amazing spouse and fabulous friends will get you through just about anything.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...