Monday, August 22, 2011

Growing a Business

  Two years ago (almost to the day) I cut up one of my husbands old unserviceable blouses. For those of you who read this and are not affiliated with the military just read that as I tore apart his uniform! I was about 20 weeks pregnant with Baby Battle Rattle and my husband was on his second deployment to Iraq. I had looked for baby items at the PX on base and all over the internet, but there was nothing to be found. Nothing that was cute enough to spend money on anyway! I got to work cutting out squares and made a simple quilt out of the old blouse. It was adorable!!! I was so proud of my handy work I posted a picture of it on Facebook so others could see it too. Little did I know that this was the beginning of Baby Battle Rattle. I was overwhelmed with how many people loved it and asked "Where did you buy that?" "Do you sell these?" and "Where can I get one!?"

The 1st ever Baby Battle Rattle blanket, August 20th 2009.

  Today I took the next step in building my brand. I have decided to work with LaunchHer. They had an amazing promotion going on this month and it is the right time to Trademark my business to protect my products and myself. I have also been working with an amazingly talented graphic artist who has designed a new logo for me. It's just about finished and I'm having a hard time deciding which one to go with because they are all so fabulous! There is so much going on and in the year that I've had my Etsy shop open I've added a lot of new items. It has been such a fun learning experience so far and I really enjoy creating these things for all the other military babies out there!


The new improved style & the most popular item in the shop!
Baby Battle Rattle blanket


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE that! How creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to ya! It's always quite interesting to look back at the very beginning, no? You never know what could happen when it comes to running a business. But it's best to hope that it will continue to grow and stay strong. Well, remember to keep on having fun with it!

    -Chris Ricci

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...