Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Should I Stay or Should I Go

 I know many wives have a lot of back and forth about going "home" over deployment. The thought of going home never made much sense to me though. I am home. We were stationed here, we've made a home here, our life is here. Why would I leave just because my husband is deployed?



With a few friends in NC during our 1st deployment.

During our first deployment I had a job, friends, and responsibilities. I wasn't about to quit my job or leave some great friends (some of whom were also going through a deployment). For me, there was no question of going "home" or staying put. Our second deployment we were stationed in California, 2,989 miles from our hometowns. I kept busy volunteering with Young Life and friends and a trip to Europe. Now we're on deployment number three and we're stationed at Quantico and this is actually where I grew up. I went to high school in Northern Virginia and have old high school friends here, but I've also got a lot of Marine Corps friends who are stationed here from our past bases. Whatever your situation, make the most of it! Life is life and it will be what it is. You can't change everything so you need to find a way to make it work if you stay or if you go home. Best of luck for those of you making this decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...