Thursday, June 23, 2011

Filling the Calendar

For those of you on your first deployment you'll quickly learn that the more scribbled on days in your calendar the faster the deployment will fly by. With our first deployment I filled my days working and hanging out with friends as much as possible. Our second deployment I filled with the task of growing a baby, OB/GYN appointments and of course Young Life. (If you have a middle school or high schooler and haven't heard of YL, look them up ASAP, it's amazing!) Now with this deployment I'm filling my time with our toddler, building my business more and redecorating our house.



  I like to split up our deployments into smaller chunks. For me it makes it seem like the time goes by quicker. For instance, I'm currently counting down to the 4th of July. There are only 11 days to go!!! Then I'll count down to Halloween...and so on and so forth until I have nothing major left between me and our homecoming. Makes it so much better and lets me look forward to something each month...and sometimes each week!

Baby Battle Rattle at the pumpkin patch last year.


 Another thing we're doing is we joined a farm co-op. It's fantastic! We've been out to the farm twice so far this season. The first time was to check things out and pet the animals. Then we went out for the Strawberry Festival. It was such a fantastic day! We got out there in the morning and it was crowded. We headed over to the animals first since my daughter loves them. Then we made our way through the rope maze and the toddler playground. We ate an amazing lunch there (cheeseburgers made from cows on the farm!). If you've never had FRESH beef, it's a must try!!! Then we made our way out to the field to pick some strawberries.

Baby Battle Rattle & I at the toddler playground on the farm.

 It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel at the start. Once you find the things you love to stay busy with the time will go by faster. I hope you are all keeping busy and seeing your countdown shrink quickly as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...