Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hello Murphy...

  You know you're starting a deployment when Mr. Murphy's Law shows up. He's an old friend to us all. You know what I'm talking about, right? Your husband leaves for the field, training school or deployment and something breaks, your basement floods, you lose your cell phone and you have to take your child to the Emergency room all in the same day. We've all got those stories! As my husband has just left we had our own clandestine meeting with Murphy. After we dropped my husband off and said our goodbyes we started for home. My daughter didn't eat that morning and when we got home I made her favorite for lunch, mac n' cheese. She wouldn't eat it and ended up throwing it at the dog. I spent the next 20 minutes trying to pick mac n' cheese out of the poor ol' dogs fur. 

  Finally we reached nap time! She played for a little while and drifted off for a lovely 3 hour nap. I was emotionally drained and took a nap with her thinking the day would be better when we woke up. Silly me! I knew better than that, but alas it was not to be. When my baby girl woke up we were playing and she ran to her favorite spot in the house; the front window. (Enter Murphy) I hear the kind of thud that mommies know ice, band-aids or a trip to the ER are about to follow. I dart over and pick up my poor baby who has a geyser of blood pouring out of her mouth. My heart breaks for the second time today as my poor little angle is screaming. When the dust settled it wasn't as bad as all the blood made it seem, just a little cut on the inside of her lip. At dinner time the little princess decided she would not eat again.

  The day ended with one wore out fat-lipped baby, a frazzled Mommy who was covered in tears, blood and chocolate. We kicked Murphy's Law in the bum and wrapped up the day with a glass of wine and a phone call from the husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...